Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
RASHTRIYA KRISHI VIKAS YOJANA (RKVY)
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) was launched during 2007-08 by Government of India. The objective of the programme is to extent support in achieving 4 % annual growth rate in agriculture sector by Government of India during the 11th Five Year Plan.
RKVY is being implemented by 8 departments and 3 missions of Agri and allied sectors. The programme aims at achieving and sustaining desired annual growth during the 12 plan period, by ensuring holistic development of agriculture and allied sectors. The main objectives of the scheme are:
- To incentivize the states so as to increase public investment in agriculture and allied sectors.
- To provide flexibility and autonomy to states in the process of planning and executing agriculture and allied sector schemes.
- To ensure the preparation of agriculture plans for the districts and the states based on agro-climatic conditions, availability of technology and natural resources.
- To ensure that the local needs /crops/priorities are better reflected in the agricultural plans of the
- To achieve the goal of reducing the yield gaps in important crop, through focused interventions.
- To maximize returns to the farmers in agriculture and allied sectors.
- To bring about quantifiable changes in the production and productivity of various components of agriculture and allied sectors by addressing them in a holistic manner.
The Department of Agriculture is the Nodal Department since inception of RKVY in the State. The Agriculture growth rate achieved during the last 11th Five Year Plan was 6.14% which was achievement above the National average of 2.69%. This has been recognized by the GOI in the form of Krishi Karman Award. The target of agriculture growth rate for 12th Five Year Plan is 6.50%. Moreover, the State has set the Vision 2025 for ensuring “Food for All”.
The following programs are being taken up under RKVY by the department:
- Integrated Cereal Development Programme
- Cash Crop Development
- Seed Production Programme
- Balance & Integrated use of Fertilizer & INM
- Integrated Pest Management
- Organic Programme
- Farm Mechanization
- Integrated farming & Fallow Management
- Sugarcane Development
- Marketing Promotion (Storage)
- Power Tiller Path
- Agril. Tools & Implements
- Surface run off Management & Land Shaping
- Strengthening of IETC & SAMETI (Hostel Building)
- Farm Development
- Women in Agriculture
Material, Loan, Subsidy
How To Apply
RKVY Guideline 2017-18 to 2019-20View(938 KB)